Monday 16 September 2013

Tracy Towns Q&A

Your name: 
Tracy Towns.

Where are you from? 
I live in Peoria, Illinois, USA.

Who else is in your band? 
I’m the only one.

How would you describe yourself?  
I’m a metal / rock songwriter, guitarist, bassist, vocalist and occasional keyboardist. I occasionally get my wife Rita to write some lyrics also. I started out as a bass player so I never used a pick when I learned guitar, which is really strange for someone who really likes to shred on some high speed solos. I have my own small recording studio, so I write and record when I get a chance to work it in around my schedule.

Who are your main influences musically?  
Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Judas Priest, Trivium and a little bit of everything metal or rock from the ‘70s up to current music as long as it has some interesting guitar work.

What do you hope to achieve in music?  
The ultimate goal for me would be to sell and license enough music to make it where it could be my full time job (regardless of whether I actually made it that or not).

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
Getting signed and getting some music licensed has been the best part so far.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
Several years ago I was trying to put a band together and just couldn’t find the right people in the area. It wasn’t great although it did drive me into the studio to work on my skills more.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I would have to say Driven. The lyrics really represent who I am and how I feel about things.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?  
I’m not sure of anything else. I just have a blast writing, playing and recording music so, it’s always great when others enjoy the results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment