Tuesday 6 December 2016

Bravely Default Q&A

Your name: 
Mark Martindale.

Where are you from: 
Kingston Upon Hull.

Name of band: 
Bravely Default.

Who else is in your band: 
Will Machine - Guitars  
Colin Metcalfe - Cajon

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
Americana. Acoustic rock with a country edge.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Change the world...Just kidding, just to enjoy what we do and continue playing for as long as humanly possible. Also a massive selling album wouldn't go amiss.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Running my own stage at Cottingham Springboard Festival. Putting on 30 acts over the course of one glorious weekend is just as amazing as playing a massive gig. I've done it for the last two years and hope to it do for many more.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
None, you learn from bad experiences and they make us who we are.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent you, what would it be and why?
Tenfoot City. The house I grew up in was surrounded by tenfoots, it describes the city I love and there's a line in it that says ' I can never hold my tongue '...I tend to say what I think, which can get me in trouble sometimes but I find it's better to be honest and forthcoming than two faced, especially in this industry.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
I also run a number of band days/nights and open mics called Humberground, for info on that go to: facebook.com/Hullunderground.

No comments:

Post a Comment