Wednesday 28 December 2016

Lucid AfterLife Q&A

Your name:
Nat Jack.

Where are you from?
Vancouver, Canada.

Name of band:
Lucid AfterLife.

Who else is in your band?
Thom Turner on guitar, Miles Morrison on bass and Matt Shearlaw on drums.

How would you describe yourselves?
Describing Lucid AfterLife to someone who has not been to see our live show is like describing a five-tab LSD trip to someone using only a stick. We give everything we have in every note. I am half-athlete, half-musician out there.

Who are your main influences musically?
Each member of the band has his own influences and bring them to the table, the styles are all over the place. Lately I have been listening to a lot of Bowie, Porcupine Tree and the The Mars Volta but I would say I played Monster Magnet on repeat when I was a young buck so you’re going to hear a bit of them in some songs

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I really don’t think there is more that I need to achieve, music is here and I can make it and hear it quite well, so I am grateful for that. The business side of things can be a real bore for me but I know it’s just part of being passionate about delivering my message on a wider platform.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Just getting to know my band mates on the road, jamming with them and making tunes. I am really just a mad man with a mic so being surrounded by the guys who bring real talent to the band allows me to explore deeper as a song writer, there is nothing like a spontaneous jam live on stage.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Forgive but don’t forget amigo.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
On the upcoming EP we have a song called “In All That I see”  I would say if I had to just pick one it would be her. The song paints an atmosphere that is perfect for the story that transpires. Lucid AfterLife is not about one style or genre it’s about enveloping a story with the certain vibe that allows you to become enthralled in the song .

Where can we listen to it? 
The song is not released just yet but there is a pre-sale link to the album at bandcamp.com (see below). The best way to hear it first is to sign up for our mailing list at lucidafterlife.ca

Where can we find out more about your music?
Or just email me directly at info@lucidafterlife.ca and we can chat riffs

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I would like to thank you guys for taking the time to interview us and want to thank all the loyal Lucid fans who have been following and supporting through the years. I hope you guys enjoy our new EP “Occult Mafia Mistress” and we look forward to seeing you in your city.

No comments:

Post a Comment